Saturday, January 26, 2008

Happily Ever After

I just finished watching the movie "27 dresses" with a couple of my girlfriends. I think the last time I was in a movie theatre to see something that didn't have singing Chipmunks, a green ogre or a talking spider in it was over 2 years ago. At the "end" of my career as a product manager and pregnancy with Lucy- a friend and I played hooky one afternoon and ditched work to watch Johnny Depp star as Willy Wonka.

27 Dresses was really, really cute. And it was something my husband would have hated. H-A-T-E-D. I loved her apartment in this movie--- and her clothes, and her hairstyles, and her cool job with the hottie boss. Why is it movies don't ever start AFTER the couple falls in love and gets married? Why don't they show the wife wearing mens flannel pajamas to bed? Why doesn't the husband ever fart along to songs on American Idol? Why don't they ever show a couple in bed, with 2 little kids sandwiched in between them, pulling hair and kicking?

Because that's too much reality for a popcorn snacking moviegoer to handle? Me thinks so.

No comments: