Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Daydreams

Grumpiness lingers on- now attributed to the beginnings of a cold that is slowly making its way through our household. Usually my days fly by- but today--- today was one of those rare gems that creeped along. Today, I was shocked when the clock only read 1:30pm- I thought for sure it was more like 5ish. It FELT more like 5ish- especially with 2 little ones that can't go outside because it is too rainy and wet, and have been fighting since 6:30 in the morning.

So I started day dreaming. Day dreaming about how I will celebrate my 40th birthday in 5 years. I've told Matt for years that I will go to Patricia Wells' cooking school in Provence- and spend a week smelling lavender, eating some stinky cheese and drinking obscene amounts of wine. Today, I read in her latest book that her students get to cook on JULIA CHILDS' old stove in her newly renovated outdoor kitchen. How F*cking cool is that? Apparently, she was old pals with Julia, and when Julia was closing up her France house- she offered her stove to Patricia. I would so love to make some Jiffy Pop on that thing.

I overheard Annie watching "The Barefoot Contessa" on the food network today. Ina Garten was making a lemon curd tart-and I overheard Annie mumble to herself, "Jeezermereeze! That's a lot of butter." I think she's been doing too many pilates Dvds with me lately....

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

I think that sounds like an awesome birthday present, even if its not any time soon.

Don't know if it makes you feel any better but it rained most of the day here in Dallas and my dog-kids were grumpy and bickery most of the day. Wanted out/wanted in/wanted out/wanted in. I suddenly turned into my mom with screaming "IN OR OUT!"

Tara said...

Celebrate your 40th with us! A group of my girlfriends and I all turn 40 the same year and are planning a Mediterrean cruise to celebrate. And yes, I am already dreaming about it too - even though we have four years to go...

When did we get so old? I mean, really!?