Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Cleaning Up

It's January. I love January. As a kid, it's really the worst month of all- but as an adult- after all of the wrapping paper, decorations, holiday food, disrupted sleep schedules, party after party and gobs of cloying music- it's nice to take a deep breath and enjoy the simplicity of the new year.

We had a quick playdate this morning, then headed home to restore peace and order to our trashed house. This will take some time- and I've only got a few months before my garbage starts going in boxes, so I have to get a move on (pardon the pun).

I'm getting myself back in order too--- I've got a friend joining me for pilates next Wednesday, and I'm heading off to the gym this afternoon. I'm even toying with the idea of joining Weight Watchers (which Matt, if you're reading this- I know you think is a waste of money) but 2 of my friends this morning absolutely swear by it, and want me to join them. We'll see.

In any event- I wish you the happiest, and healthiest of new years- can you frickin' believe it's 2008 already? Mind blowing.

No comments: