Friday, January 4, 2008

Chewing the Fat

Wow. Did you guys see the news about Britney Spears being under a 72 hour lockdown at a hospital? Every morning, when I see the news about her recent developments- I can't help but wonder- what the hell happened to her? She's like something out of a Jackie Collins novel.... and shows the nasty side of fame and fortune. Yesterday at Target, Annie found some Hannah Montana piece-of-crap and was begging me for it, and I had to stop and think "is Hannah preggers? Does she take drugs? Does she dress like a stripper?" Luckily, I was able to distract her with some 75% off Winnie the Pooh stuff.

It just goes to show how crazy Hollywood is. Britney is under a 72-hour evaluation for refusing to give her kid to her husband. She willingly locked herself in a bathroom with her kid, and wouldn't give him up. On the other hand, I have not been alone in a bathroom for 4 years, and would welcome a 72 hour stay at Cedars Sinai as a welcome respite. Hollywood, you silly fools.

In other news, I'm down 1.6 lbs from my holiday fat fest, and I've become completely obsessed with sparkpeople. I love, love entering in what I eat- and having it calculate out for me the rest of my daily intake. Who the hell knew that an innocent salami sandwich for lunch could give you the daily fat intake of a small village?

We're not too good at calculating that stuff, folks. The other night, Matt and I were talking about what to have for dinner- and he suggests:
"How about that nice light salad- the one with the tomato and basil?"
I reply with a guffaw of laughter:
"You mean a caprese salad? THAT'S 1LB OF CHEESE!"
Sigh. We've got some work to do.

No comments: