As class was gearing up, 2 elderly gentlemen walked into class. My gym is located right next to a senior care facility- and a lot of these old-folk use the gym as a way to build a social life. I honestly think these 2 geezers were joining the class in hopes of standing behind some hottie doing downward facing dogs. Instead, they got Polish-Peasant me.
You're supposed to close your eyes and meditate, but my mind was kind of going all over the place. Here are a few of my thoughts:
- "Holy cow. I really need a pedicure. I should get this up close and personal with my toes more often."
- "Oh my God- that old guy has nasty feet. He's got varicose veins and I think he 's missing one toenail."
- "Uh oh. Someone just farted, and it wasn't me."
- "You want me to put my leg where? And my hand there? And wrap my other hand around my what? Are you really human?"
- "Do not look at yourself in the mirror. I repeat- DO NOT LOOK IN THE MIRROR."