Saturday, December 8, 2007

Up Late

It's 4am, and yours truly once again has insomnia. It doesn't help that I stumbled across an awesome site and am laughing at a couple of stocking stuffers I was able to buy. I'm bummed I bought my friend's birthday present already, or I would totally get her an "I Love Jake Ryan" t-shirt. She's a huge Sixteen Candles fan.

In other news, my 35th birthday was awesome! It was so wonderful to hear from my friends and family, and the best part is seeing how excited the kids get. I treated myself to a much needed manicure/pedicure, took the girls to playgroup and had some wine with my friends, and then came home and celebrated with Matt. He treated me to some ridiculously expensive parfum (I've never had real parfum before!) and the festivities continue this weekend.

I showed our house to a really nice couple that is moving here for a fellowship next year. The whole moving thing is still pretty surreal- but it freaks me out that we'll be packing up and shifting off to (where?) somewhere in just a few months. One thing at a time... first, I need to go get more sleep.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Happy Birthday! Any celebration that involves time with a pedicure, manicure and some wine is perfect! I hope you had a great day.

Much Love, Tara