Sunday, December 16, 2007

Baby Needs A New Pair Of Shoes

Stride Rite is supposedly having a killer sale right now, but I still managed to spend a fortune on each of my kids today. Despite a 2 year age difference, they both insist on wearing the same exact shoes- which is a little "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane", but whatever.

Why is it that every kid thinks new shoes can give them magical powers? Annie was under the impression her hot pink mary janes could make her jump six feet into the air. When that failed, she resorted to running in circles in the cramped shoe store. Hmmm.... I wonder if that would work for me. Maybe I should go buy a new pair of ballet flats- and they would suddenly enable me to lose 30lbs and remember how to do differential equations. I think I may just have to try that.

In other news, the cookies are killing me. I've got to get them out of the house. I unloaded a slew of them on my playgroup, but they literally call to me late at night. I hear those Nanaimo bars, deep in the freezer, saying "Krrriiiisssten..... come and marvel at our chocolatey wonder! Watch us make your ass expand!" I hate them. I love them. I must get them the hell out of here.

Can I send anyone an edible care package?

No comments: