Saturday, December 15, 2007

Cookie Monster

Cookie exchange a huge hit. I walked away with Mexican wedding cookies, butterscotch haystacks, Nanamo bars, pumpkin chocolate cheesecake bars, cherry chocolate chip cookies, butterscotch goldies, cheerio cranberry treats, elf hat cookies, snickerdoodles and chocolate cinnamon cookies. If anyone wants a recipe, drop me a comment and I'll send it along.

I wound up drinking way too much eggnog laced with Southern comfort and a wine called "Mommy's Time Out." Somehow, I thought it was festive to tell the story of my favorite "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" episode where they make over a guy that loves to go to nudist camps. They help him throw a black tie holiday party, and watch in horror as they all strip out of their formalwear. At one point, Ted Allen shrieks "There's testicles hanging over my hummus!" Ah, yes, good holiday fun.

We hosted playgroup yesterday, and turned it into a Christmas party of sorts. The kids were supposed to decorate cookies- but they all piled into the backyard and pretended to hide from bears. While they were busy, we mixed up a batch of cosmopolitans for the mommies, and had a gift exchange. I wound up with a copy of Jessica Seinfeld's book "Deceptively Delicious." I look forward to sneaking some healthy goodness into my kids' crap foods.

Today we're off to a matinee of the new Chipmunks movie- and plan on eating some cookies.

No comments: