Friday, November 16, 2007

A Little Bit Scared

So, out of the blue, hubby got a call with his dream job. It's in a place Matt has ALWAYS wanted to live--- one he used to joke about as paradise. The job....well, it's EXACTLY what he wants to do with his life, and the people? So far, the people seem like the kind of people that will laugh at his poop jokes and wear t-shirts with "Beer Ambassador" on them. (Did I tell you guys Matt wore this out to dinner recently? After our meal, I took the girls to the ladies room, and when we came out- we couldn't find him. The hostess said "Are you looking for your Beer Ambassador? He's waiting for you in the parking lot).

Why am I freaking out? Yes, it's far from family. But, hey, that's what JetBlue was created for. Yes, it snows quite a bit- but I think four seasons would be fun. (ask me again in March, after the umpteenth blizzard of the year). Why does this make me nervous?

It's a 2 hour drive to the closest Target.

Most people own pick up trucks and chain their own snow plows to them.

It's a 2.5 hour drive to the closest Costco.

There are less than 11.000 people in the largest town.

It's a bit rural. That's cool- I can be down with the rural folk. But, I'm not outdoorsy. I like a good walk now and then- but I can't ice skate, I don't ski, and hockey and me? Well that's like waiting to see if Rosie O'Donnell and Donald Trump ever get married. Snow pants would only accentuate my faults, and a down jacket would only intensify my Stay Puff Marshmallow Woman impersonation.

But.... I've never seen my husband more excited. He wants this badly--- and I'm not supposed to be talking about this, so shhhhh! This is our little secret. God help me. Hopefully Honolulu will call soon.

No comments: