Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Sun Will Come Out?

This day drained me.

It started off with an early wake up call- George had to go outside.

After cleaning up his mess in the backyard, feeding him and packing up his crate and 1,000 items I have managed to buy this dog in the last week- I dropped him off at my little brother's for the week.

I miss him.

After that, I headed back to my folks' house, filled my van to the brim with suitcases and crap- and drove like a bat out of hell to Matt's aunt's house- an hour away.

Got the kids settled, did 2 hours of work and then did a conference call with an account where we scored a major deal that leaves me with more work than I can imagine.

Dumped kids in car and hoofed it over to our new house for a final walk through. Kids added to the joy by completely freaking out and scaring my kid-less realtor.

Drove back and changed my clothes to drive 45 minutes in rush hour to Back To School Night. Realized halfway through the drive that my breath smells like George's. Not good.

Attended Back to School night and tried not to freak out over not sending Annie to kindergarten this year.

Went out for quick bite to eat with hubby.

Wandered aisles of Whole Foods at 9:30pm to find random things to pack for lunchboxes.

Came home, try and convince my kids to sleep, do laundry, unpack and do one more bit of work. Figured out that this is the seventh time this summer we have unpacked our suitcases. That's seven strange beds and seven different locations where my kids refuse to sleep unless they are partially laying on top of me.

Wondered if my life would ever feel normal again. Not sure.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Awwww hang in there.... they say, the days are long but the years are short. hope it helps!
-h