Monday, February 11, 2008

Weekend Getaway

This weekend felt like the calm before the storm. Before the craziness of interviews and moving kicks into gear- we had ourselves a weekend filled with balmy spring-like weather, no commitments save for a soccer game, and the feeling of oodles and oodles of time. I kept the kids outside for as much as possible- impromptu picnics in the backyard, sidewalk chalk, trips to the park. I ran them ragged. We hooked up with friends at our favorite park yesterday, and they invited us over for some grilled hotdogs and a turn at their very own personal jumpee. My kids were in heaven.

Yesterday afternoon, Matt was working on his laptop, Lucy was sleeping, and I looked at Annie and asked, "You feel like going shopping with Mommy?" She got really excited, so we headed off to Nordstroms for a couple of hours. I returned the Eileen Fisher sack of charcoal dress and wound up with an adorable Kenneth Cole psychedelic print skirt and Karen Kane black sweater. A new pair of jeans and a trenchcoat later, I called it quits. All in a smaller size! I was so excited. Shopping has not been that much fun for a while.

Today I've got a splitting headache and what I think is a sinus infection. We've also got rain coming. Lots and lots of rain. Hello Monday.

No comments: