Monday, August 20, 2007

Stormy Weather

Today I'm running errands. Nothing fun--- batteries, bottled water and canned goods. I'm still trying to get used to this whole hurricane business. We're not going to be hit directly (thank God) but they are telling us to keep our tanks full and be ready, just in case. We should get some decent sized tropical storms---- which wouldn't be so bad, unless the power goes out and then I last all of thirty seconds without air conditioning.

In other news, my husband has been working a ton to meet a deadline. He got up at 4:30am, on Saturday and Sunday, and yesterday, after Annie asked him if he "lived at work" (I didn't pay her to say it, I swear!) he took his prophetic 3 year old swimming at the pool.

An old dear friend of mine called me today. We used to work together, and he moved to China. I haven't spoken to him in a year, and it was so good to hear his voice. Made me laugh though when he was describing a mutual acquaintance, and he said "she didn't look sexy, she didn't put herself out there- she was just, such a Mom." Ah yes, the Mom club requires one to check their attractiveness at the door- I really need to remember to put some mascara on and make an effort with my hair- humidity and tropical storms be damned.

No comments: