Thursday, March 6, 2008

Normal

Ever have one of those days where you feel like a dirty dishrag that someone is wringing dry? That's me. Today, I declared it a "home day." Since we're now getting 3 inches of rain in the next 2 hours- it was a good day to hunker down. I spent all morning putting stuff away- our house is so small that when one room explodes, the whole house looks like a tornado hit it. Suitcases were put away, medicines hidden for the next eruption, laundry done. It feels good to somewhat return to normal.

Ah normal. Normal is when my Lucy dumps a bag of tortilla chips on my bed. Normal is when my Annie falls asleep five minutes before we have to leave for a playdate. Normal is when no one wants to eat dinner, but everyone wants a snack. It's good to be home.

No comments: