Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Bleak House

One of my favorite novels is Charles Dickens' Bleak House. (sorry, can't figure out how to underline that on my mac- but look Ma! I did get use out of that English degree!). I loved the paper chase of the English judiciary system- and thought all of my friends that wanted to be lawyers were nuts for diving into that stinkpile of contracts, attention to detail and haggling over nitpicky stuff. 

Well, my brief stint in PR makes me feel like I'm going to internet law school. The main gig I've been working on got completely scrapped because of some personnel changes. I kind of got an inkling that was going to happen when said person wouldn't return any of my emails, voicemails or smoke signals. 

Now, we're starting again- with new direction. That's all well and good as long as I remember that I'm still getting paid- no matter how many times I do the same thing over, and over, and over again.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't know you liked Bleak House! (I may have underlined it - not sure until you approve it LOL) It's one of my faves too.
It was great to talk tonight - sorry I was coughing in your ear the whole time :-)

Unknown said...

darn - it was the wrong one! it wouldn't let me do the one I thought - oh well....