Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tag, I'm It

I got tagged from the ultimate in photographic virtuosity- Sugar Photography (I can't figure out how to embed a link on a mac, but she's tagged in my blogroll- check out The Sweet Life). Anywhoo--- even though I've given you guys more than a fair share of poop stories, I've got to find 8 random things about myself that I can share. Here are the official rules:

Rules: post the rules before you give the facts. post eight random facts about yourself. at the end of your blog post, you need to tag eight people and list their names. leave the people you tagged a comment on their blog, letting them know that they've been tagged.

Hmmm.......

1. I once got in a car with a stranger. I was six, and decided to follow my 8 year old brother on a trip to the candy store. (yeah the 70's! Before milk cartons and such...). I got tired about half way there, and sat down on the curb and cried. My brother told me to stay put, and he ran home to get my Mom. After he left, a nice woman in a yellow VW bug pulled over and said "Little girl, are you lost?" After nodding my head, I got in the car. Turns out she was a realtor, and was on her way to an open house. I went to the open house and sat in the kitchen drinking a Coke and entertained her prospects while she called the cops. I was giving advice about window treatments when my parents showed up.

2. I can be a bit manic with my mothering style. One minute, I'm cherishing every last ounce of my little anklebiters. Then, you may find me wishing to charge a one way ticket to Hawaii for a LONG, solo vacation.

3. I'm a bit of a freakishly fast reader. On average, I read 3-4 books a week.

4. I come from a long line of superstitious, Irish women. My grandmother was born with a caul on her head, and she would dream about someone right before they would die. I, on the other hand, dream when people are about to get pregnant. I also have serious ESP in parking garages and can find a spot lickety split. This both delights and scares my husband.

5. After learning I had a guardian angel when I was 4, I used to make my Mom set a place for her at the dinner table. I also used to scooch over in bed so she would have enough room to sleep.

6. I lost a baby 3 months before I got pregnant with Annie. I was 24 weeks along, and it was a little boy. We named him Sam.

7. If you make me laugh too hard, I just may wet my pants. When this happens, it makes me only laugh (and pee) harder.

8. I met my husband when I was 15 years old. We were at a speech and debate tournament (yeah, NERDs!) at Cal State Fullerton. He was wearing a tie with red suspenders, and I remember when he introduced himself, I thought to myself "Pay attention Kristen- this guy will be important."


Ummm...don't hate me for this, but I'm going to tag my cousin Tara, Allie, Jennifer P., Pioneer Woman, Not That You Asked, Cheeky Lotus and Notes from the Trenches.

No comments: