Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Survival of the Fattest

Annie's favorite book has been The Very Hungry Caterpiller by Eric Carle. Today, we found 3 caterpillars devouring my herb garden. Unlike Eric Carle's caterpillar, ours do not like to eat salami, or lollypops, or chocolate cake. Our caterpillars (named Charlotte, Annie and Mommy by my 3 year old) like to eat dill and parsley. I haven't really spent a lot of time with caterpillars, so it was an interesting way to burn the nap hour while Lucy slept. Caterpillars are furry (or,as Annie says they "wear sweaters"). They have cute faces, and they can eat a ton. We were almost ready to film our own Planet Earth this afternoon. Now if I could only catch the damn possum that's eating all of my red peppers and tomatoes, I'd be a happy woman.

No comments: