Friday, October 31, 2008

Puppy Love

We are still living in the depths of Puppypalooza here (lots of chewed shoes, stolen snacks and gnawed on power cords) but we are finally experiencing glimpses of moments where I think all will be well with the world again. 

George seriously loves my kids. I do not doubt this. He puts up with a lot. My Lucy constantly "snuggles" him, and throws herself down on his dog bed and lays on top of him while she sings him lullabies. (I have video of this that I will post once I sign an ASPCA waiver). Annie  grabs him by the neck, hugs him tighter than one would like, all the while yelling "Youuu are such a cute boy!" Despite this, he contorts himself into the silliest of wiggles when they come home from school. 

He props his paws on top of the tub and won't take his eyes off of them when they are bathing. I can't decide if he's pretending to be a lifeguard, or contemplating jumping on in. When they ride their bikes in the afternoon, he's right there beside them- running along side their wobbly training wheels, with his tongue lolling out of his mouth. 

He's only five months old, but is trying to assume the role of family caretaker. If Lucy is upstairs, and Annie is downstairs- the dog doesn't know where to go. He won't settle down until everyone is on the same floor. He just woke me up with a growl because he heard Lucy talking in her sleep upstairs. 

Puppy love- I'm starting to see what it's all about. Somebody remind me of this the next time he shits in my living room.

No comments: