Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Say Anything

Since her ear tubes were put in, my Lucy has become verbal. Very, very verbal. Aside from her occasional meowing, Lucy has a very direct way of expressing herself.

When we first arrived here in Cali, I had to hoptail it down to San Diego for a friend's baby shower. While I spent the day getting sloshed in champagne overlooking the Pacific, Matt took the anklebiters to the beach to walk around. Lucy expressed a desire to use the bathroom facilities, and in desperation, Matt took both girls into the public men's room at LaJolla shores.

After wrapping everything in multiple layers of tissue, Matt propped Lucy up to begin her show. He said she looked around, and then said in her charming, high pitched, two year old voice:

"Daddy?"

"Yes, Lucy." he replies.

"Daddy? This place is D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G."

"I know Lucy." Matt says as he starts to laugh.

"No Dad. This place is disgusting. And smelly. Really, really smelly."

1 comment:

Heather said...

ahhh beach bathrooms, got to love them! jk!
-h