Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Weather Forecast

We're home sick today. Lucy's fever finally broke last night, but her little body is limp and tired from this nasty virus. It's a good day to be home--- lots of rain and general gloom in the air. I've got a shepherd's pie ready for the oven, and am about to bake some pumpkin cookies with a brown butter frosting.

I love rainy days--- their coziness, staying in your jammies all day- but I don't like the tornado that occurs inside. My girls are talented- they can create a mess in less than a three second span. Most people long for peace and quiet, but in my house, quiet spells t-r-o-u-b-l-e. It usually involves a pilfered Sharpie marker or a fresh new bottle of hand soap. There are days, lots of them, when I feel like I will be swallowed by the mess. But then, just when I've reached my limit- my girls do something hilarious... like climbing on top of their rocking horses, buck naked, and yelling "Yeehaw!".

No comments: