Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Bribes and Baking

Today was a celebration. Annie has been earning "Good LIstening Days" at school--- this is a new game I created to encourage (ahem! bribe) good behavior. If her teacher tells me she had a good day when I pick her up, it counts as a "Good Listening Day." After ten of them, Annie gets a reward. She earned it on Monday. What tempts a 3.5 year old?

Lunch at Chick-Fil-A. It's this fast food restaraunt with awesome chicken nuggets, and it has one of those nasty playgrounds. She constantly asks me to take her there, and I refuse-- we don't need to eat crap, and we don't need to get sick. Today, I relented. We invited a couple of her friends to join us at a local park to get all good and sweaty, and then we all trekked over ot the Chick-Fil-A. The girls had lunch, they played, and then capped off the celebration with an ice cream cone. You would have thought it was Christmas morning.

In other news- we spent all afternoon making cupcakes for Lucy's teacher tomorrow. She's turning 22, and I bought the class gift- a nice gift certificate to Urban Outfitters so she can buy disposable clohting and a copy of "Everybody Poops." Anywhoo--- back to the cupcakes. I've been wanting to try this recipe for a while. It's an upscale version of a Hostess cupcake- you know, the one with the white squigglies on top? They are truly evil, folks. I highly recommend the effort

Here's the link to the Ny Times posting of the recipe:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/12/magazine/12food.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Sorry this looks goofy, but I can't embed a link on a mac. Sigh.

No comments: