Friday, October 5, 2007

Scream, Part IX

I'm trying really hard to be good to my teeth. After the marathon dental visits lately, I'm making sure to get a good floss in every night. So, there I was--- finishing up the ol' toothfloss, and I go to reach for my Sonicare toothbrush- when, just like out of a movie, I look up in the mirror, and see IT.

There, a few inches away from my head, clinging to the mirror, is a six inch Texas Tree Roach. I swear to you Dear Reader, this cretin waved its antennae at me. After the standard Scream, and Shriek-In-Horror that is becoming de rigueur around here, I scurry off to the garage to locate my last can of RAID. Only to return, and realize my intruder is gone. GONE. I cannot find him anywhere.

Holy roach spray, Batman. I'm not going to get a wink of sleep tonight, for fear I'll become one of those urban legends that has to go to the ER with a "buzzing in their ear" only to discover Mr. Tree Roach preferred my ear wax over my toothbrush. Fuck. I've got to go buy a new toothbrush tomorrow. And now I'll be quite grumpy when I do it.

No comments: