Friday, October 19, 2007

Cutting Class...

It was a break from routine today. Annie is still too sick to go to school, but not sick enough to be confined to the house. So, after dropping Lucy off at preschool this morning, my little Peter Pan and I spent the morning together. I took her to this local cafe that I like to hang out in when they are usually in school. It was 71 degrees this morning, and we sat outside and enjoyed hot chocolate and brioche. Annie fed some breakfast to the birds, and we compared pigeon imitations and shared a couple of giggles.

I must confess. I am really glad she played hooky today. One of the things that surprised me the most after having kids was how much I would actually like them. I knew I would love them... but I wasn't expecting to like them so much. I really like what kind of people they are, and when they are not whining or smearing poop everywhere, I really enjoy their company. I feel blessed that I get to share my life with these 2 little people.

No comments: