Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Random Acts of Love

Happy Valentines Day!
We awoke this morning to valentines and little gifts- left by my early bird of a husband. I'm wondering if he saw the 3 foot heart balloon in my car that will grace his office later today. Nothing like a little (or big) heart of helium to add some love to your day.

Just saw a segment of this organization on the news. Amazing how one mother, who doesn't speak Chinese, has no foreign policy experience, started a non-profit that trains child care providers to nurture and love Chinese orphans. Their name, "Half The Sky," is from an ancient Chinese proverb that states "women hold up half the sky." They are ensuring each girl can hold their own. Heart warming.

We had big plans for Lucy's kindergarten Valentine's party. I wanted to make the photo Valentine currently sweeping the internet- (like we did for Annie last year- (looks like this). Yesterday, she tearfully admitted she wanted store bought valentines, with stickers or tattoos. After 2 different drug stores, she finally found a box of Peanuts cards that made her smile. Good reminder for me to let go of the Pinterest craziness, and do what makes your kids happy.

Funny, after almost 17 years of marriage, I'd kill Matt if he bought me flowers today. I'd much rather have a plant for the garden.  Does that make me an unromantic nerd? I thought so.

1 comment:

Weintribe said...

Miss you, K. We did store bought for the first time this year, too. Partly bc their dad was in charge (*fist pump*) but also bc they are a lot done with my cutesy photo cards.

Hope you get your plant :)