The rental house with drawers filled with someone else's fingernails. Remember that housewarming gift? I still shudder.
We have lived here live for 7 months. And during that time-
- the air conditioner broke twice (something you CANNOT live without in Houston).
- the roof leaked once.
- our power has gone out more times than I can remember.
- the ceiling fan in my kids' room almost came out of the ceiling.
- the kitchen sink leaked.
- the kitchen faucet refused to work.
- The single, solitary outlet in the master bath stopped working.
- A family of (hopefully?) squirrels took up residence in our attic.
- Someone stole beer out of the trunk of my car when I was bringing in groceries.
- Someone stole a book of checks from my mailbox.
- Someone stole my drivers license (with the hideous picture).
- Someone is now posing as me & is working as a dishwasher in a Texas restaurant. Hey! At least they're paying their Social Security.
Technically, our lease isn't up until July. But the property management company that manages the house is so terrific- they understand the litany of house repairs we've had are somewhat ridiculous, and are being really reasonable. (Blessings everywhere you look!) So yes, this time around- I'm ecstatic to see the packing paper and bubble wrap. I'm wrapping anything I can get my hands on, so the dog better be careful where he naps.