Monday, January 30, 2012

Orange



Have you heard that 2012's color of the year is Tangerine? Call me old fashioned, but I'm still partial to plain old orange. Since I haven't subjected my kids to any torture at the pediatrician's this week, I thought it would be fun to round up a few of my favorite things featuring my own version of 2012's "it girl" for color. I will avoid knock knock jokes with "orange you glad" in them. I pinky swear.


I've been wearing this scent for a while, but 3 people stopped me last week- just to ask about it. Besides the ocean, it's my favorite smell. I guess it helps that my hometown in California is known for these, and this time of year- the air is just starting to thicken with the early blooms.




Jo Malone's Orange Blossom

I clipped this to my Pinterest addiction/collection a few weeks ago. I love how the orange trim on the curtains and pillows livens up the room. I'm tempted to swing by Ikea and dredge up some simple white drapes to give this a go...
Traditional Home
It was 70 degrees today. Not a bad way to spend your January, but instead of cozying up in front of a fire in my flannel pjs, I'm craving spring. I know the whole color block thing is making the rounds, and I would never be caught dead dropping this much cash on a handbag, but a girl can dream- right?
Diane Von Furstenberg



It's no secret I love my dog. He may not be the sharpest tool in the toolbox, but did I ever tell you the story about how he got me out of bed to tell me I left the oven on? (True story). This doesn't exactly have the pizazz of a group of pooches playing poker, but the idea of a custom portrait, of my George, thrills me to bits.

From Vapor & Vamp


When I lived in San Diego, a dear friend used to tell me why she loved monthly date nights with her husband. "He puts on a belt, and I put on some lipstick."

I love this. And while Matt wears a belt on a regular basis, sometimes it's nice to put on swanky clothes and go out for a great meal. 

Last Saturday night, we did just that. This is what our orange-inspired dessert looked like- (and maybe, just maybe, I licked the dish when no one was looking).


Grand Marnier Souffle


No comments: